Wednesday 13 March 2013

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick - Shade 16



Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in shade 16

I've been lusting after this lipstick for so long after reading only positive reviews. Rimmel has always been one of my favourite high street makeup brands and Kate Moss is one of the all time super models so I was super excited to try her collection out- 2 of my favourite things combined- how could I resist?! It was my bargain of the day! I picked it up in Coles (an Australian supermarket) on the reduced section for around $4.00 (This is about £2.70!!). I had to stop myself from fist pumping in the middle of the aisle! If you are ever in the beauty section of Coles make sure you look on the very bottom shelf. There are always loads of great products reduced. 

I have light blonde hair and naturally quite pale skin so I normally tend to go for light pink lipsticks as I think these suit my complexion more than most darker shades.The shade I bought was number 16. It is was the light pink/coral colour that I instantly fell in love with. The swatch photo below shows the 2 different tones in it. I've worn it so much over the past few weeks that my Auntie actually asked me the other day if I was bored of it yet (answer- no!!).

There literally isn't 1 bad thing that I could say about this lipstick. The colour is sheer but doesn't require a large number of coats like some other lipsticks (This is a pet hate of mine!). The lipstick claims to be long lasting and I can say that it does live up to this. I can put it on in the morning before work and by the time lunch time arrives it is only just starting to fade. The moisturising element is also a benefit as I have naturally dry lips and some lipsticks can stick in the cracks of dry skin but this lipstick gives a good coverage. It has a really girly smell which only adds to how much I love it!

Final thoughts: After a lot of hype to live up to, this lipstick did not let me down! It's now firmally up there in my favourites and I'm excited to try some more of the collection.

Have any of you tried this lipstick? I'd love to know if you love it as much as I do!





Top- George at Asda about 3 years ago | Necklace- Random jewellers in Australia
Nail Varnish- H&M city (Pink) and H&M Zoo (Glitter)
Photos taken with Nikon Coolpix S9100 - Edited with FotoFlexer

1 comment:

  1. Love the post about the fake tan, mine is ALWAYS patchy ahha!! Followed :)
    Love it if you followed me back!

    Jaime xx

    ReplyDelete