Monday 18 March 2013

Mandurah Crab Fest & Eyres Action Sports Games- 16th & 17th March 2013

This weekend saw the 15th annual Channel Seven Mandurah Crab Fest taking place on the Mandurah foreshore. The festival is a celebration in honour of the local Blue Manna crabs. Market stalls and food counters run by local businesses popped up all down the foreshore and 1 of my favourite bars M on the Point opened up a fully licensed bbq area which they called M on the Bay where of course I had to stop off for a pint of cider! There were street entertainers, face painting, fireworks and even a free perfomance from the Australian Idol runner up Shannon Noll.

The Crab Fest played host to the Eyres Action Sports Games for the fourth year running which were held on the Halls Head side of the foreshore and on the Peel-Harvey Estuary. The Games included water sports & skate and BMX competitions. There was a bikini contest (the girls had the most amazing bodies!!), a red bull DJ and a fully licensed bar!

As this is my first time in Australia, I've never been to the Crab Fest and didn't know what to expect but I loved it so much I went on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend with my family. It's one of the best weekends I've had since I've been in Australia and that's saying something because I've done so many amazing things here! On the Saturday I spent most of my time watching the Wakeboarding at the Mandjar Bay course. I've never really been interested in water sports and I don't think I would watch them on TV back at home but watching it live right in front of me was so amazing. I got so into it! Both the men and women were amazing and you could tell why there were the worlds best! They were all competing for the prize money of $300,000!!!!! This didn't stop quite a few of them falling into the water and having to be rescued by the life guards on jet skis. This was my favourite part- there's just something I love about watching people fall down!! (Does this make me mean or do you agree?!)

On Saturday I tried a crab wrap from the Red Manna food stall which was aaaamazing. The Red Manna is one of Mandurahs most popular restaurants. I've never tried crab before but I am now a massive lover. I love the fact that all food served was local! On Saturday night me and my family took a picnic and ate whilst listening to the live music from Jonny Taylor and Shannon Noll who were both amazing. The atmosphere was incredible and it was so spectacular to be a part of it! After Shannon Noll had finished his set there was a massive fireworks display where I managed to take some amazing photographs. I think that the fireworks at the Crab Fest were better than the New Years Eve ones at the same place. The Sunday also involved watching the wakeboarding but this time I managed to get a seat in the Merchants Cafe which looks out over the estuary so I watched everything going on whilst sat with a chocolate milkshake mmmm.

I had the best weekend and I'm so upset that next year I won't be there to enjoy it all over again! If you ever get the chance to go to Perth or even Mandurah during march then make sure you check this out- 10000000% recommend. 

Did any of you go to the Crab Fest this year? Or ever been to it? I'd love to know what you 
thought of it!

Me at the M on the Bay | The Red Bull DJ Van
Wake board mini course | Wake board contestant
Me in the heart | Street performer
Sunset over the estuary | Firework display

Photos taken with Nikon Coolpix S9100 - Edited with FotoFlexer


2 comments:

  1. great post! your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete