Thursday 14 March 2013

NOTD Review: Collection 2000 Electric Dreams & BC Co Silver Glitter

Collection 2000 Hot Looks Nail Polish - Shade 56 Electric Dreams
*Spend £4.99 on selected Collection 2000 products & get a free Extreme 24h Felt Tip Liner*
BC Co. Nail Varnish in Shade 3


The first nail polish I've been using is from the Collection 2000 Hot Looks collection in shade 56 which is Electric Dreams. Can I just say I'm so annoyed with myself. I bought this nail varnish just before I came to Australia (which was nearly 4 months ago!!) and I've just recently found it in the bottom of my suitcase- unused and unloved. I can't believe I forgot all about it. I bought it from my local Boots in around late October last year for £1.99 (Bargain!) when I was going through a stage of only wearing blue on my nails. I'm not joking, for about a month I didn't wear any other colour and for someone who changes their nail varnish daily this is a big deal! 


I love the teal colour of this polish with the cool green undertones. Reminds me of the sea and summer which is never a bad thing! On the label it says "For maximum colour intensity apply 2 coats" and this is exactly what I do. Even though the polish is quite thin the colour is still really intense so if you don't want your nails too bright then I would suggest just only one coat. Once on the nails the polish looks high gloss and shiny even without a top coat on. The bottle also claims that it dries in 60 seconds. Sooooo many nail polishes say that they are fast drying but not many live up to it. This is an exception. I can paint one hand and by the time I've finished painting the other the polish is dry! This is a god send for someone like me because I am always smudging my polish because I'm so impatient. As I work as a waitress my nail polish is constantly getting chipped but this colour surprisingly didn't chip as much as some more expensive brands.


The other nail polish I've been wearing on my ring finger is the silver glitter (Shade 3) from BC Co. I bought this from KMart which is an Australian retail store for $2 which is about £1.40. I've searched all over the internet for this brand but I can't find a link anywhere for it. I've bought quite a few nail polishes by this brand recently so if I find any where else to buy them I will update this post!! I've loved the whole style of painting the ring finger on each hand in a different colour than the rest of the nails. I just think it adds something to the overall look of the nails. This naill varnish is aamazing for the money. For $2 I didn't expect anything special but the glitter is really small flecks which still allows the colour underneath to show through. The only bad thing about this polish is the same for every other glitter polish I've ever used.. trying to get it off is annoying!! Cotton wool just drags through and takes some work to get it off but this is just a small price to pay for pretty glitter nails :) 

Final thoughts: Love love love this nail look!! For £1.99 the Collection 2000 polish is an absolute steal and as soon as I land back in the UK I will be investing in more shades from this collection, hopefully the offer will still be on! (See above). The BC Co glitter is amazing too, I just wish it was easier to remove!!

Have you tried any polishes from this collection? Leave a link to your NOTD and I'll have a little nosey :)


Photos taken with Nikon Coolpix S9100 - Edited with FotoFlexer



6 comments: